Private Art Consulting
As an artist, gallery owner, mentor and consultant, I developed my career by learning from others and through trial and error. When I began, after studying my Bachelor of Fine Arts at the University of Manitoba, I was completely lost. At the time, I wished there was someone like me to offer guidance.
I am currently only offering online video consulting and phone consulting services locally and internationally.
My rate is $35CDN per hour. I have recently eliminated the 2 hour minimum per session.
If you are unsure of your career path. I’m here to help. We can start with the basics and focus on any of the topics below. I can answer any specific questions you have.
- Art Critiques and Portfolio Review
- Portfolio Development (materials for submissions)
- Artist Statements
- Artist Bios
- Artist Cvs
- Approach galleries
- Gallery Submissions
- Pricing Your Art
- Starting your artist career
- How to advance your career as an artist
- How to approach alternative galleries
- Marketing yourself as an artist
- Finding Strength with Social Media
- Managing your priorities
- Preparing for an exhibition: what you need to know
- Tips & Tricks to stay focused on your artistic vision
- Respecting Gallery Commissions
- Varnishing Artworks
- Mounting artworks
- How to wire artwork
- What are the best ways to frame your works for gallery presentation
- What materials are best to use for certain projects
- What does archival art mean? What to use, what not to use.
How to prepare for a consulting session with me?
- Contact me at work: 204-944-0809 or email Jordan@cre8ery.com + book a time (morning, evenings, or Monday afternoons).
- Send an email transfer to Jordan@cre8ery.com (my gallery and art professional email), payment must be received before session begins.
- Spend a few days or a week before coming up with questions and figuring out what info you desire..
- If you would like me to review your documents: bio, statement, CV or artwork please send via email at least 1 week prior to our session. Once you have paid for the time frame, I will review them, make notes, and conduct our session. If I need to review substantial info and files, please be aware that the session will likely be more than 1 hour.
I loved the personal attention in my mentoring session with Jordan. For two hours, she reviewed a large selection of my photographs. Her feedback was supportive and constructive. I ended up with a number of ideas for things I could try to do differently. Jordan talked about specifics of editing and composition in my photos, and also more broadly about abstract art, and the stories photographs can tell. She was very willing to answer all my questions. The session was exactly what I had hoped for.–J.B.
I had a really productive Consulting session this afternoon with Jordan Leigh Miller. Jordan reviewed 4 of my works in progress, and gave me gentle, constructive feedback which I intend to incorporate into my art. Jordan and I also discussed questions I had surrounding use of social media in the sale of art. I would recommend Jordan’s consulting services for artists looking to grow professionally. – Jackie Turnbull
I had a fantastic art consult and critique with Jordan. She was so helpful showing me where I could improve my painting skills and was also wonderful explaining the reasoning behind her suggestions. She answered any art question I asked very thoughtfully with lots of tips. Will do again!! -debbie watt
Highly recommend having a critique/consult done by Jordan. Her very easy-going manner partnered with her talent & knowledge had me feeling very privileged to have the time with her. I plan on booking her again in the future.